- 1package Weber® Just Add Juice Teriyaki Marinade Mix
- 1/4cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/2cup pineapple juice
- -- Zest of a lemon
- 3pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 6large shallots, cleaned and cut in half
- 2-- red peppers, seeded and cut into 3-inch squares
- 1-- gold pineapple, cored and cut into 2-inch chunks
- -- Olive oil
- -- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 28-- bamboo skewers, soaked in water
Whisk together package of Weber® Just Add JuiceTM Teriyaki Marinade Mix, orange juice, pineapple juice and zest.
Arrange beef chunks in a single layer in a glass dish or a zip-top plastic bag, and pour marinade over. Cover (or seal bag) and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, stirring to coat, every 30 minutes.
To assemble kabobs, put all vegetables on a cutting board with the skewers nearby. Drain meat from the marinade and discard the marinade.
Thread meat onto two skewers, so they resemble a ladder. Leave room in between meat so all pieces cook evenly – you should have about 4 kebabs.
Repeat skewering with shallots, peppers and pineapple chunks using two bamboo skewers for each kabob.
Brush all skewers with oil and season everything with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Place kabobs in the center of the cooking grate, turning to sear all sides. Cook to desired degree of doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare meat. When skewers are done, remove from grill onto a clean platter. The vegetables, pineapple and meat may take different amounts of time to cook. For example, the pineapple will only take about 5 minutes, but the shallots and pepper should be done at the same time as the beef.
Let meat rest 5 minutes before serving.
Elizabeth Karmel Recipe using Teriyaki Marinade