Beef, Shiitake and Snow Pea Stir Fry
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch long, 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 8ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, thickly sliced
- 8ounces snow peas
- 1bunch green onions, sliced
- 1cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 5tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- Begin by seasoning the beef with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and mushrooms until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Next, add the beef to the skillet until beef browns but still remains a bit pink in the center, about 1 minute.
- Add snow peas, half of the green onions and half of the cilantro, stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Now, stir in hoisin sauce and chili-garlic sauce and continue to saute until peas are crisp and slightly tender, for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with remaining cilantro and green onions. For a warm entree, serve immediately. Or if you’d like a cooler, more refreshing dish, chill in refrigerator and serve over cool udon noodles.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 280
- Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 620mg
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 2g