Italian Beef Pot Roast
- Yield 12 servings
"As a young bride, I searched for tasty and dependable recipes. The compliments for dish have been unceasing throughout the years of my marriage."
- 1 beef chuck pot roast (3-4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 medium-size onions, sliced
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup hot water
- Cut beef into bite-size pieces and dredge in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-size pot and brown the meat. Add onions and oregano.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in the hot water and pour half of the bouillon into the pot. Add the remainder as needed.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours, or until tender. Serve over garlic-buttered noodles.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: For a more intense Italian flavor, add more oregano and several cloves of minced garlic. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe by Ruth Augustin, Highland, Ill.