Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Yield 8 servings
Need a quick light dinner with substance? Make this streamlined version of a favorite Asian wrap.
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber
- 1 -- (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 8 -- Boston or red leaf lettuce leaves
- Cook meat in a large nonstick skillet until done.
- Stir in hoisin and peanut sauces, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat. Add carrot, cucumber, water chestnuts and mint.
- Divide mixture among lettuce leaves and roll up.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.