Beef and Salsa Fajitas
- Yield: 4 servings
The meat takes eight hours to marinate, so plan ahead.
- 2/3cup lime juice
- 1cup light beer
- 2tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 2pounds lean, boneless, top round steak
- 1small red onion, cut into rings
- 1 1/2cups diced tomato
- 2/3cup chopped green onions
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Combine lime juice, beer, cilantro, oregano, red pepper flakes, cumin, garlic, green pepper and red pepper in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal bag and shake well. Place steak and red onion in bag and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours.
- In a bowl, combine tomato, green onion, cilantro, vinegar and jalapeno. Cover and chill.
- Remove steak and vegetables from marinade, reserving marinade. Broil or grill steaks, basting occasionally with marinade, 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness is reached. Cut the steak diagonally across the grain into 1/4-inch wide slices.
- In a skillet, saute marinated onion and green and red peppers until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas. Divided steak and vegetables among tortillas. Top each with 3 tablespoons tomato salsa mixture, roll up and serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 687
- Fat 18g
- Saturated Fat 5.1g
- Cholesterol 130mg
- Sodium 614mg
- Carbohydrate 71.6g
- Protein 55.3g