Beef and Red Pepper Pesto Salad
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 30 mins
A main-dish salad with color, flavor, and steak.
- Red Pepper Pesto:
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup ricotta salata or crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1 pound steak, grilled and thinly sliced
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half, remove seeds and place peppers cut sides down on baking sheet lined with foil. Broil until charred, about 20 minutes. Cool, remove and discard skins, and cut peppers in wide strips.
- Combine peppers, walnuts, garlic, oil and salt in a food processor. Process until chunky.
- Combined arugula, ricotta and croutons in a large salad bowl or platter. Place steak on top. Spoon pesto over steak.