Beef and California Raisin Picadillo
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
California raisins, beef and tomatoes spice up tortilla wraps or stuffed peppers.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup California raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 cup uncooked instant white rice
- 1 cup water
- In large skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until browned; drain excess fat. Stir in tomatoes, raisins, garlic, cinnamon and red pepper.
- Reduce heat; cover. Simmer 5 minutes. Add rice and water; bring to a boil. Cover; remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and mixture is desired consistency.
Note: Spoon mixture into warmed flour tortillas and roll up to make wraps, adding other flavor ingredients, such as cheese, salsa, sour cream or guacamole. Makes great stuffing for green peppers, too.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board