Beany Pita Power
- Yield 4 servings
Perfect for lunchboxes or brown bags, this fiber-rich sandwich is a powerhouse.
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 4 tablespoons guacamole
- 2 -- whole wheat pita bread
- 4 -- romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, mix black beans, cherry tomatoes, salsa and guacamole.
- Slice pita in half to make a pocket and toast.
- Stuff pita with lettuce and black bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.