Beany Pita Power
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1cup black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 4tablespoons salsa
- 4tablespoons guacamole
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, mix black beans, cherry tomatoes, salsa and guacamole.
- Slice pita in half to make a pocket and toast.
- Stuff pita with lettuce and black bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 350
- Fat 6.8g
- Cholesterol 7mg
- Sodium 469mg
- Carbohydrate 61.8g
- Fiber 10.3g
- Protein 12.5g