Bean and Tomato Toss
- Yield 4 servings
This Italian-inspired recipe uses white beans, herbs, and tomatoes to create the perfect vegetarian dish.
This recipe makes a great vegetarian main dish as it's loaded with protein.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes, seeds squeezed out
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until golden. Add beans and salt. Sauté 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and sauté until tomatoes begin to wilt. Add broth and simmer until liquid is reduced by two-thirds. Add pepper.