Beach Walk Cookies
- Yield 4 dozen
This basic cookie dough is very versatile.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 -- eggs
- 2 cups filling
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar together.
- Sift remaining dry ingredients together; set aside.
- Add eggs to butter and sugar one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients slowly and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the filling. (Filling can be any dry ingredients such as chocolate chips, oatmeal, nuts, raisins, etc.)
Recipe reprinted with permission from Henderson Park Inn’s Exceptional Taste (Dunavant Gulf, LLC, Memphis, Tennessee, 2010).