BBQ Shrimp Quesadillas
- Yield: 4 servings
Perfect for a party appetizer or low-key event.
- 8ounces cooked shrimp, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, roasted or grilled and finely diced
- 2/3cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2tablespoons all-natural barbecue sauce
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 2teaspoons canola oil
- Combine shrimp, bell pepper, corn kernels, cheese and barbecue sauce in a bowl. Divide mixture evenly and spread over half of each tortilla. Fold over, press down gently, and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 quesadillas and cook until crisp and golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining oil and quesadillas. Cut into quarters and serve.
Recipe courtesy of The Shrimp Council and Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD & Liz Weiss, MS, RD, Cofounders, Meal Makeover Moms.com
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 11g
- Sodium 780
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 23g