Mark Boughton Photography / Styling by Teresa Blackburn
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2cup chopped carrots
- 1/2cup chopped celery
- 1small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1cup chopped unpeeled red potatoes
- 1/4teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1pound bay scallops
- 2cups half-and-half
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan.
- Add onion and next 5 ingredients (onion through oregano). Sauté 10 minutes. Add clam juice and scallops. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add half-and-half, salt and pepper; cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in parsley.