Bavette Cacio and Pepe
- Yield 4 servings
Swirled with extra-virgin olive oil, cracked peppercorns, parsley and freshly grated pecorino Romano, the pasta dish is a study in simplicity.
Bavette is a flat pasta from Genoa that’s much like Fettuccine. Cacio is a pecorino Romano cheese. Shred it over the pasta just before serving.
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine pasta
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecorino Romano cheese
- Fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- Flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water, according to package directions. Drain the pasta, place in a serving bowl and top with the olive oil, cheese, pepper and parsley. Serve immediately.