- Yield 8-10 servings
A sweet strawberry cream, topped with mint and whipped cream
"This was a favorite recipe of my mother. She would make it for special events and holidays. It is delicious, and we loved it."
- 2 (3-ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen strawberries
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- Make Jell-O in a bowl as directed on the box.
- Add strawberries, which have been thawed enough to mix with the Jell-O, and allow to jell in refrigerator until almost firm.
- Whip whipping cream until stiff peaks form, fold into Jell-O, and return to refrigerator until set.
- Variation: Substitute lime Jell-O and one 8-ounce can drained, crushed pineapple for the strawberry Jell-O and frozen strawberries.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Whipping cream performs best when your bowl and beaters are cold. Garnish with fresh strawberries and a sprig of mint.
—Angela Lepitre, Claremont, N.H.