Basmati Rice with Cilantro and Lime
- Yield 4 servings
Use basil or oregano in place of cilantro if you prefer. This rice make a great base for grilled tofu.
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- pinch salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest or 1 teaspoon dried orange peel spice
- 1 medium bundh of fresh cilantro, chopped (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- 6 to 8 -- scallions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- -- Juice of 1 lime
- -- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place rice and water in a saucepan with a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from burner and let sit, covered and undisturbed, 10 minutes so it can finish absorbing water.
- Remove lid and add zest, cilantro, scallions, oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Combine well and serve.