- 1quart water
- 1cup lemon juice--freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1pound strawberries--rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1pinch salt
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 20 seconds.
- Pass through a strainer and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serve over ice with slices of lemon, strawberries and basil leaves as garnish.
This recipe originally appeared as Basil Strawberry Lemonade on California Strawberries.