Basil Roasted Vegetables
- Yield: 8 servings
- 3-- zucchini, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1pound mushrooms, cut into halves
- 1-- green bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-- red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-- yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1medium onion, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2-- garlic cloves, minced
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- -- Blue cheese or feta cheese to taste
- Combine the zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers and onions in a bowl. Add the basil, vinegar, garlic, oil and salt. Toss well to coat the vegetables. Arrange in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 425F for 35 minutes, crubling cheese over the top during the last 5 minutes of baking.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Evansville’s Once Upon a Time (the Junior League of Evansville, Indiana 2003).