Basil Pesto with Walnuts
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Classic pesto with walnuts instead of the traditional pine nuts.
Walnuts are a mother lode of omega-3 fats, which are beneficial for heart disease, cognitive degeneration and osteoarthritis.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/4 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place garlic in a food processor; pulse to finely chop. Add remaining ingredients; pulse until smooth. Makes about 1 cup.
Recipe by Peter Bronski.