Basil Ginger Cashew Pilaf
- Yield: 6 servings
Add any favorite vegetable to this rice, especially if you have trimmed and cut veggies lurking around your crisper. Feel free to add fresh minced scallions and sesame seeds to this dish as a garnish before serving.
- 2cups basmati rice
- 2teaspoons peanut oil
- 2teaspoons dark roasted sesame oil
- 1/2medium onion, chopped
- 1tablespoon fresh minced ginger root
- 1large carrot, peeled, chopped
- 2stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4cup chopped cashews
- 1tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Cook the basmati rice according to directions, until just tender. Set aside. This step can be done up to 2 days prior to assembling recipe.
- Heat peanut and sesame oils in a large non-stick saute pan or wok.
- Add onion, ginger root, carrot, celery, pepper and cashews. Saute for 2 minutes until vegetables are barely tender and cashews start topick up some color.
- Add cooked rice and stir well. Saute to heat through, adding a bit of water to encourage steaming of rice.
- Add soy sauce and basil.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 315
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 109mg
- Carbohydrate 66g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 5g