Basil Ginger Cashew Pilaf
- Yield 6 servings
Aromatic basmati rice combine with chopped vegetables
Add any favorite vegetable to this rice, especially if you have trimmed and cut veggies lurking around your crisper. Feel free to add fresh minced scallions and sesame seeds to this dish as a garnish before serving.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons dark roasted sesame oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger root
- 1 large carrot, peeled, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Cook the basmati rice according to directions, until just tender. Set aside. This step can be done up to 2 days prior to assembling recipe.
- Heat peanut and sesame oils in a large non-stick saute pan or wok.
- Add onion, ginger root, carrot, celery, pepper and cashews. Saute for 2 minutes until vegetables are barely tender and cashews start topick up some color.
- Add cooked rice and stir well. Saute to heat through, adding a bit of water to encourage steaming of rice.
- Add soy sauce and basil.