Basil Baked Cod Fillets
- Yield 2 servings
This quick-and-easy baked fish is topped with sliced Roma tomatoes.
- 1/2 pound cod, haddock, lingcod, or orange roughy fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 2 -- plum tomatoes, cored and cut lengthwise into thin slices
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drain and pat fillets dry and cut into 2 serving pieces. Combine oil and lemon juice in a baking dish. Add fish and turn to coat both sides. Sprinkle with basil, pepper, and salt. Overlap tomatoes in an even layer on fish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.