Basil Baked Cod Fillets
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2pound cod, haddock, lingcod, or orange roughy fillets
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/8teaspoon black pepper
- 1/16teaspoon salt
- 2-- plum tomatoes, cored and cut lengthwise into thin slices
- 2teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drain and pat fillets dry and cut into 2 serving pieces. Combine oil and lemon juice in a baking dish. Add fish and turn to coat both sides. Sprinkle with basil, pepper, and salt. Overlap tomatoes in an even layer on fish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.