Basil and Tomato Pizza
- Yield 4 servings
A simple pizza reminiscent of the pies from little Italian mom and pop shops.
- 1 (16-ounce) raw pre-made pizza dough ball
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded mozzarella or Italian cheese mixture (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- On a surface lightly dusted with flour, use both hands or a rolling pin to pull or roll pizza dough into a 16-inch circle. Place on a baking pan.
- Spread sauce evenly over the pizza shell. Scatter cheese over the sauce. Sprinkle the tomatoes, oregano and basil over the pizza. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake on a shelf near the bottom of the oven 12 to 15 minutes until the pizza is baked through and the crust is crispy. Cut into wedges to serve.