- 1cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
blog comments powered by
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs yolks and vanilla. Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix just until a stiff dough forms. Turn onto a floured work surface, cut dough into halves, and form each half into a 1½-inch thick log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 375F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut logs into ¼-inch-thick slices and arrange about 1 inch apart on pans. Refrigerate 10 minutes, then bake until lightly browned around the edges and firm in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cookies cool 5 to 10 minutes on the pan before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate with your favorite icing if desired.