- Yield 8 servings
A quick-and-easy quiche, made creamy and protein-rich with tofu.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced onions
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs or egg substitute
- 1/2 pound water-packed firm tofu
- 1/4 cup half-and-half, heavy whipping cream, soymilk or milk
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Add onions and garlic to oil and sauté until tender. Layer half of the cheese in the bottom of the unbaked pie crust. Then layer the cooled onions on top of the cheese.
- Beat eggs (or egg substitute equivalent). To the eggs, add finely crumbled tofu (tofu can be mashed with a fork or crumbled by hand.) Add cream and remaining cheese to tofu mixture, and pour into pie crust.
- Quiche may be topped with paprika, cayenne pepper or any other favorite seasonings before baking
Recipe courtesy of The Soyfoods Council