Basic Mashed Potatoes
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
With the convenience of a microwave, these potatoes will be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 1/4 pounds russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup each: nonfat plain yogurt and fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons healthy butter spread
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic or seasoned salt)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe dish. Cover dish. (If covering dish with plastic wrap, poke small hole in plastic.) Microwave on HIGH for 10 to 12 minutes depending on strength of microwave. Use oven mitts to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover and mash well. Stir in yogurt, milk, butter spread and seasonings. Cook for a minute or 2 more to heat if necessary.