United States Potato Board
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 1 1/4pounds russet potatoes
- 1/2cup each: nonfat plain yogurt and fat-free milk
- 1 1/2tablespoons healthy butter spread
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic or seasoned salt)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe dish. Cover dish. (If covering dish with plastic wrap, poke small hole in plastic.) Microwave on HIGH for 10 to 12 minutes depending on strength of microwave. Use oven mitts to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover and mash well. Stir in yogurt, milk, butter spread and seasonings. Cook for a minute or 2 more to heat if necessary.
Note: Yukon Gold, yellow or white potatoes can be substituted.