Basic Cookie Dough
- Yield 4 cups
This cookie dough can be turned into three different cookies.
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 -- eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
- Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar and beat with a mixer until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until evenly blended. Dough can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated up to 3 days. Makes about 4 cups dough.