Barramundi with Balsamic Orange Ginger Glaze
- Yield: servings
- 4 barramundi fillets without skin
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2teaspoons soy sauce
- 1tablespoon orange juice
- 1tablespoon orange zest
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and minced
- 2teaspoons oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the broiler and wrap a broiler pan with foil.
- Season barramundi generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Combine honey, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, orange juice, orange zest, ginger, and oil.
- Mix well and coat sable with this mixture. Fillets should be only lightly coated, as too much of the glaze can burn under the broiler.
- Broil fillets 4 inches away from the flame just until browned, 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the rest of the glaze on top of fillets and finish in the 425F oven until done. The total cooking time (broiling plus baking) should be about 8 minutes per inch of thickness. To test for doneness, separate the flakes in the thickest part and look inside. Fillets are done when a trace of translucency remains in the center.
Courtesy of Australis: The Better Fish