- Yield servings
- 4 Barramundi fillets
- Juice of two limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 chopped tomatoes or 1 (14-ounce) can
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 3 canned jalapenos, diced (optional)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F and place fillets in a greased baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, oregano and salt and pepper.
- Pour over fish and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and cook onion until translucent.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and cook until tender.
- Mix in olives, capers, brown sugar, bay leaves, cinnamon and optional jalapenos and cloves.
- Simmer and start baking fish for 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over fish and bake for another 5 minutes or until flakey.
- Top with sprigs of fresh thyme.
Courtesy of Australis: The Better Fish