Barbeque Chicken Dim Sum
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2cup prepared smoky barbecue sauce
- 1/4cup hoisin sauce
- 1-1/2cup cooked chicken, finely diced (6 oz.)
- 1-- (12 oz.) package King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1/4cup apricot jam, melted
- -- Chopped chives, garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat in skillet, add onion. Cook until soft.
- Add BBQ and Hoisin sauces and chicken. Stir together and continue cooking until mixture is heated through. (If dim sum is to be eaten immediately, fill rolls as described below. Otherwise, cook, cover and refrigerate to use.)
- Filling: Pull apart rolls. Create a cavity in each roll by gently pushing through interior side of roll with a 1/2 tsp. measuring spoon.
- Carefully scoop out two 'balls' of bread.
- Carefully fill cavity with four 1/2 tsp. of meat mixture.
- Repeat until all rolls are filled.
- Place on baking sheet; cover with foil. Bake in a preheated 350F oven, 8-10 minutes.
- Brush tops with apricot jam. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Serve piping hot.