- 2pounds extra-large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, if desired
- 1 bottle Weber® Kick’N SpicyTM BBQ Sauce, divided
- 1stick salted butter, melted
- 4small Frech bread loaves, each about 10-inches long
- 1/4cup Creole mustard
- 1/8cup mayonnaise, or more to taste
- 1cup shredded lettuce
- 1large ripe red tomato, sliced
- Dill pickles, slices
- Hot sauce, optional
- Clean and dry shrimp. Toss in a little olive oil to coat all surfaces. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Using long-handled tongs, place shrimp directly on the cooking grates – across the grates to prevent shellfish from falling through the grates. Grill for 1 1⁄2-5 minutes on each side, depending on size, turning once halfway through the cooking time. Do not overcook. Shrimp is done when it curves and becomes pink.
- Remove from grill and immediately place peeled shrimp in a clean bowl. Pour melted butter and 1 cup of Weber® Kick’N SpicyTM BBQ Sauce over shrimp. Toss to coat well. Note: You can serve the shrimp just like this as an entrée with rice or other vegetables – or serve as an appetizer with grilled garlic bread.
- To make the Po’ Boys, split the French bread loaves in half and brush both cut sides of the bread with the mayonnaise on both sides of the bread, then the Creole mustard. Sprinkle with hot sauce. Divide the shrimp evenly among the 4 sandwiches and garnish with the lettuce, tomato slices, sliced pickles and hot sauce, if desired.
Recipe by Elizabeth Karmel.