Smoky Barbecued Brisket
- Yield 14 to 16 servings
Place a brisket in the oven and later that day, you have sensational barbecue. This recipe works great in a slow cooker, also.
- 1 (5-pound) beef brisket
- Salt and lots of pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Trim excess fat from brisket. Season brisket with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix liquid smoke, vinegar, sugar, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce together and spread over brisket. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Place brisket and marinade in oven. Bake, covered, for 4 to 5 hours or until brisket is tender.
Note: Prepare day before serving and refrigerate. Remove top layer of hardened fat before slicing. Rewarm and serve.