- Yield 4 to 6 servings
This wonderful shrimp dish is worth messing up your hands to eat.
Serve French bread to dip in the sauce.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon prprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lemon
- 2 pounds headless large shrimp, unpeeled
- 1/3 cup white wine (optional)
- In a large, heavy skillet, place olive oil, Italian dressing, garlic, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, paprika, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Cook over medium heat until sauce begins to boil. Squeeze lemon into sauce and then place both halves in sauce. Add shrimp to cook 10 to 15 minutes. Add wine, if using, and cook another 10 minutes, or until the shrimp are done. Serve shrimp with sauce, from which bay leaves have been removed and discarded.