Barbecue Lamb Sliders
- Yield: 10 servings
- 2 1/4pounds leg of lamb, trimmed of fat
- 1medium onion, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1cup all-natural barbecue sauce
- 1large carrot, peeled and shredded (1 cup)
- 1cup pitted prunes
- 2tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- Cucumber Topping:
- 1large cucumber
- 2/3cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Add the lamb, onion, barbecue sauce, carrots, prunes, vinegar, and salt to a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low until the lamb is tender, 7 hours.
- While the lamb is cooking, peel the cucumber, slice in half lengthwise, and remove seeds with a spoon. Cut into ¼-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, dill, and salt and pepper to taste and set aside in the refrigerator.
- When the meat is done, use two forks to pull the mixture into shredded pieces. Divide the lamb evenly between the slider buns and serve with cucumber topping.
Recipe courtesy of the Tri-Lamb Group