Barbecue Chicken in a Biscuit
- Yield: servings
- 1large (1 lb. 0.3-oz.) can of 8 buttermilk biscuits
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 6slices bacon
- 1/2-- onion, thinly sliced
- 3cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4cup dried cranberries (orange flavored) finely chopped
- 3/4cup hickory smoke barbecue sauce
- 2-1/2cup (already prepared) roasted chicken, cubed or chopped into small pieces
- 1-- egg white
- 1teaspoon water
- Cut each biscuit in half. Form each half into a ball. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into cubes, strips or shredded
- In pan, add olive oil and fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels; crumble.
- In same fry pan, remove all but 2 Tbsp. of bacon fat. On medium heat, cook onions for about 10 minutes until limp and slightly browned. Add garlic and saute 2 more minutes, stirring to combine.
- Remove from heat; stir in dried cranberries, barbecue sauce, chicken and bacon.
- Roll or pat each biscuit ball into a 2 1/2 inch circle. Place about 2 to 3 Tbsp. of chicken mixture in the center of each biscuit. Gathering up edges, twist and pinch to seal. Place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, beat egg white and water until well blended; brush over biscuits.
- Bake at 375F for 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown; serve warm.