- Yield 6 to 8 servings
This recipe for beef brisket is simple to make and it's a national award winner.
- 1 beef brisket (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can consomme
- 1 (6-ounce) bottle soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Garlic to taste
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Combine consomme, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic and liquid smoke. Pour over brisket. Marinate overnight. Remove from marinade and place in baking pan. Cook at 300F for 1 hour per pound. Last half hour baste with barbecue sauce and finish cooking.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Tulsa’s Cook’s Collage(Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1978).