Barbecue Beef Tips over Noodles with Green Specks
- 2-1/2 pound lean stew meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup beer
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco or other hot sauce, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Louisiana pepper sauce, optional
- 1/4 cup salsa or picante sauce, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 16 ounces dried wide egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper meat.
- Brown in large saucepan or small stew pot.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook at a low simmer until meat is tender – about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain, reserving about 1/4 cup hot water.
- Add drained noodles, reserved water, and butter back to pan.
- Sprinkle noodles with celery salt.
- Stir in parsley.