Bananas Foster Creme Brulee
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4cup dark rum
- 3/4cup heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4cup milk
- 1/3cup plus 1 tablespoon baker's sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- In medium bowl with an immersion blender, beat together rum, cream, milk, egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in ripe bananas and blend until smooth.
Divide into 4 ramekins.
- Place filled ramekins into 13 x 9-inch pan. Fill pan halfway with water. Transfer to oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove ramekins from oven and water bath and let cool. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to cool or overnight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle remaining sugar over the creme brulees and place all ramekins under broiler until sugar caramelizes. Serve immediately.