- Yield servings
Bananas, strawberries and water make this a wholesome—and simple-to-make—treat!
You can combine any fruits or vegetables in these pops. You can try banana purée with grape juice or grape juice with carrot juice. Freeze each layer for 1 hour before adding the next layer. Your kids will enjoy seeing their artwork and colors in this creation. This is naturally dairy free, soy free, gluten free and nut free.
- 1 1/2 cups banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup water or milk of your choice, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- freezer pop holders
- freezer pop sticks
- Place the bananas in the blender. Add half the water and blend. Add a little more water, if needed, until the mixture is milk shake consistency. Add the strawberries and the remaining water.
- Fill the freezer pop holders to 1/4 inch from the top. Press the freezer pop sticks in all the way, and place in the freezer for 4 to 5 hours.
- When the pops are frozen, put the mold for the freezer pops in warm water for 30 to 60 seconds and pull gently to remove each pop from the mold.
Reprinted with permission from The Wholesome Junk Food Cookbook, by Laura Trice. Copyright 2010 Running Press.