Banana Split Pie
- Yield 16 servings
Chocolate, bananas, and frozen yogurt combine for a stellar pie.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted, divided
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 gallon nonfat frozen vanilla yogurt, softened
- 3 -- bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup raspberries, strawberries, or seasonal fruit
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In an oblong 3-quart glass dish (13x9x2-inch), mix together choclate crumbs, sugar, 2 tablespoons margarine and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pat into the bottom of the dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, bananas and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Quickly spread on top of cooled crust. Place in the freezer until the yogurt layer is set.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 1 tablespoon margarine, cocoa, confectioners' sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and hot water, stirring until smooth. Remove partially frozen dessert from freezer and quickly drizzle with chocolate sauce. Return to freezer for several hours or overnight. Top with fresh seasonal fruit.