- Yield 20 pieces
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Bananas, pecans, and some butter and honey make these whole-wheat pancakes what breakfast should be.
The cooked bananas form creamy pockets in these hearty pancakes. Serve with warm maple syrup.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 -- eggs beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup diced bananas
- 1 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. In another bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, butter and honey; add to flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Oil and preheat a large skillet. Pour batter, using a 1/8-cup measure, into skillet. Arrange banana slices on top and sprinkle on pecans. Flip when bottoms are browned and cook other side. Makes about 20 (4-inch) pancakes.
Recipe adapted with permission from Morning Food: Breakfasts, Brunches, & More for Savoring the Best Part of the Day by Margaret Fox and John Bear. (Ten Speed Press, 2006) http://www.tenspeed.com