Banana Oat Bran Pancakes
- Yield 8 servings
These banana oat pancakes are full of nutrious and great tasting ingredients, your kids will love them.
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- chopped pecans
- Mix the oat bran, flour, baking soda and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in the bananas, yogurt and vanilla.
- Beat the egg whites in a mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the mixture into the banana mixture. Fold in the remaining egg whites and melted butter.
- Heat a greased griddle or skillet to 375F. Spoon the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto the griddle. Bake for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped pecans. Serve with warm syrup or sliced bananas and summer berries.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Salt Lake City’s Always in Season (Junior League of Salt Lake City, 2005).