Banana-Nut Cinnamon Muffins
- Yield 2 servings
Substitutions such as egg whites and applesauce make these moist banana muffins a guilt-free indulgence
- 1 small extra-ripe banana
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mash the banana in a small bowl with a fork.
- Mix all ingredients except the walnuts in a food processor or blender.
- Fold the walnuts into the batter.
- Line 4 of the cups in a 6- cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Divide the mixture among the lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. (A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.)
Reprinted with permission from The Skinny Rules: The Simple, Nonnegotiable Principles for Getting to Thin by Bob Harper with Greg Critser. Copyright © 2012 by Bob Harper. Reprinted by arrangement with Ballantine Books, an imprint of The Random House Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.