- Yield: 8 servings
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon baking powder
- -- Salt
- -- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- -- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1-- egg
- 1cup buttermilk
- 2pounds bananas, peeled and cut into 3-inch chunks, diagonal
- -- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat a deep fryer or a deep pot of oil to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, a dash of salt and pepper, cinnamon and the nutmeg, to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and the buttermilk. Whisk into the flour mixture until smooth. Let rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Dip the banana chunks in the batter and fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.