Banana Cloud Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2cups King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread crumbs*
- 1/2cup ground macadamia nuts, divided
- 2tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4cup margarine, melted
- 3cups sliced bananas (about 3 bananas)
- -- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1cup milk
- 1cup sour cream
- 1-- (3/4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1-- (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2cups cubed King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread, crust removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Prepare bread crumbs by placing bread into food processor bowl fit with steel blade attachment (use "pulse" setting until desired crumb size is reached.) Or, use blender to crumb bread. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix crumbs, 1/3 cup nuts, sugar and margarine until blended. Reserve remaining nuts for garnish.
- Press crust evenly into bottom and sides of 8- or 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, or until brown and crisp.
- Slice bananas; toss with lemon juice to prevent browning; set aside.
- Mix milk and sour cream in bowl.
- Whisk in pudding; allow 5 minutes to thicken and set.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Fold cream cheese into pudding mixture followed by bread then banana slices; mix well. Pour into crust.
- Garnish top with nuts.
- Chill at least 3 hours. Serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 520
- Glycemic Load 5.81
- Fat 33g
- Saturated Fat 12g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 3.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 310mg
- Potassium 410mg
- Carbohydrate 50g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 20g
- Protein 9g
- Trans Fat 2g
- Vitamin A 15%
- Vitamin C 15%
- Calcium 15%
- Iron 10%