Banana Chocolate Pops
- Yield 20 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
A kid-pleasing dessert that sneaks tofu in under the radar.
A Health Barn favorite, these banana pops are coated with a mixture of tofu and chocolate that is unbelievably good. If you have any chocolate mixture left over, we guarantee you’ll eat it with a spoon. We used lollipop sticks (available at craft stores) to skewer the bananas.
- 1 (12-ounce) package firm silken light tofu, drained
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 bananas
- 20 lollipop or popsicle sticks
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, optional
- Add tofu to a food processor; process until smooth.
- Place chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Cook over simmering water until melted. (Or melt chocolate in the microwave.) Add to tofu in food processor. Add vanilla and salt; process until smooth. Pour into a 2-cup measuring cup or small deep bowl.
- Peel bananas, and cut in half crosswise. Place lollipop sticks into one end of each banana half. Dip bananas in chocolate mixture, twirling to coat. Place on wax paper; sprinkle with peanuts if desired.
- Freeze until chocolate is hard, about 1 hour.
Recipe courtesy of Health Barn USA.