Banana Loaf Bread
- Yield 8-12 pieces
- 1/2 cup Mazola oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional) or decorate with nut halves (pecans or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Blend oil with sugar until creamy.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to the creamed mixture, blending well.
- Add mashed bananas and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, checking with a toothpick to be sure it’s done.
(Sugar can be cut back to 1/2 cup if desired)