Banana Bread Protein Pancakes
- Yield 4 servings
The comforting flavors of cinnamon spiced banana bread are reinvented for morning in these fruit flapjacks.
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 1/4 cups cups unsweetened almond milk or 1 1/4 cups nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Agave-Glazed Fruit Topping:
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- To make the Banana Bread Protein Pancakes: Preheat a griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Blend the mashed bananas, milk, vanilla and canola oil together in a small bowl until only a few chunks of banana remain.
- Whisk the whole-wheat flour, all purpose flour, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour the banana milk mixture into that well and stir together. Add a little more milk if you prefer your pancakes thin.
- Prepare the preheated griddle or frying pan with a light coating of nonstick cooking spray or oil.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the griddle. Cook 3- to 5 minutes on the first side, or until bubbles start to form. Flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes on the other side, or until the pancake is cooked through.
- To make the Agave Glazed Fruit Topping: Place the sliced strawberries, blueberries and raspberries together in a medium bowl. Toss with the agave nectar until all the fruit is thoroughly coated.
- To complete the Banana Bread Protein Pancakes: Top each pancake stack with a generous portion Agave Glazed Fruit and enjoy.
* Found in health food stores or the health section of most grocery stores.