Banana Blueberry Bread
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
Bananas and blueberries star in this delicious quick bread.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2 -- eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- -- Crumb Topping (see below)
- Crumb Topping:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled
- Beat the sugar and butter in a mixer bowl until creamy. Add the bananas and eggs gradually, beating until blended.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the milk and mix well. Add to the banana mixture. Add the marmalade, beating until mixed. Add the flour gradually, stirring until mixed. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon into 2 buttered and floured 4×8-inch loaf pans. Sprinkle with the Crumb Topping.
- Bake at 325F for 1 hour or until the loaves test done.
- To prepare the crumb topping. Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of North Harris and South Montgomery Counties, Inc.’s Texas Ties(Spring, Tx., 1997).