Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2cup natural yogurt or kefir
- 1/2cup crushed ice
- 2 peeled bananas, frozen and roughly chopped
- 3/4cup frozen mixed berries
- 4teaspoons chia seeds (optional)
- Honey, to taste
- To serve
- Sliced banana rolled in shredded coconut
- Fresh berries
- Whiz the yogurt or kefir with the ice, banana, berries and chia seeds (if using) in a high-speed blender or small food processor until smooth. Scrape down the inside of the blender or processor bowl if required. If the mixture isn’t moving well in the blender, add a tablespoon or two of water or kefir, being careful not to add too much liquid.
- Taste the smoothie and add a drizzle of honey to adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Spoon the thick smoothie mixture immediately into two chilled bowls and top with the granola, banana and berries.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Breakfast Bowls (Smith Street Books © 2017)