Balsamic Rosemary Pork Loin with Roasted Potatoes
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 2 1/2pounds boneless top loin pork roast
- 1 1/2cups fresh rosemary
- 12 garlic cloves
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2teaspoons black pepper
- 2 1/2pounds small red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a food processor, combine rosemary leaves, garlic, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper and pulse to make a coarse, wet paste, scraping down the bowl as necessary. Spread 3/4 paste on all sides of roast. Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan large enough to hold roast with 3 inches room around all sides. Roast 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine potatoes and remaining paste.
- Reduce oven to 350F. Add potato mixture to pan, arranging potatoes around roast. Continue roasting 40 to 45 minutes, tossing potatoes halfway through, or until internal temperature of roast reaches 145F and potatoes are tender. (If roast is done before potatoes, transfer it to a cutting board and return roasting pan with potatoes to oven.)
- Remove roast from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Slice roast and arrange on platter. Surround with potatoes and serve.