Balsamic-Marinated Flank Steak
- Yield: 6 servings
- Flank Steak
- 2pounds flank steak, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Garlic and Chive Butter
- 1 stick salted butter, room temperature
- Finely grated rind of 1/2 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Combine all ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag. Marinate 1 to 24 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove steak from bag, shaking off any excess marinade. Grill steak 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until internal temperature reaches 130F.
Garlic and Chive Butter:
- Stir together all ingredients. Pile butter mixture on a large sheet of plastic wrap. Fold over plastic wrap and roll butter into a log shape, twisting the ends to secure. Refrigerate until ready serve. (Can be made up to 3 days in advance.) Serve on top of steak and asparagus. Makes about 1/2 cup.